Perth Airport identified a requirement to improve the integrity of their Airfield Lighting Power Supply. Petro Min Engineers were selected to provide EPCM services for the project, which included:
- The supply of a Fully Type tested 800A, 415VAC switchboard transfer panel with Automatic / Manual, Open / Closed transition capabilities.
- Local Control, HMI and PLC interface to the Perth Airport SCADA system.
- Full cable system design and electrical contractor procurement support.
- The obtaining of approvals from Western Power for a parallel grid connection.
- Upgrading of the existing 220kW generator set instrumentation and control system.
As part of the project deliverables, PME:
- Integrated the generator set system into the Perth Airport Digsilent Power Factory model, including fault study analysis and protection coordination
- Calculated, programmed and injection tested all required protection functions.
- Performed Factory Acceptance Testing of the switchboard transfer panel, onsite Systems Integration Testing and supported the client in there SCADA interface testing.
- Performed full load, load acceptance and rejection testing utilising a temporary load bank.
Perth Airport required that continuity of Airfield Lighting was maintained throughout the site installation and testing phases of the project. This was achieved in a time frame consistent with Perth Airports requirements.